Roast Beef Sliders
Recipes and Photos by Jessi Hampton @JustTryingRecipes
I have a lot of friends that love this simple sandwich idea using the King’s Hawaiian sliders! They are a great size for a quick bite while out on the beach, and even better, the bag the bread comes in doubles as a built-in container to keep your sandwiches safe in the cooler. The sliders are super simple to make and they can be tailored to fit the needs of your whole beach crew.
Lately I have been having fun using plain greek yogurt for everything; dips, spreads, you name it. That tangy flavor just adds a little something extra I didn’t know I needed, not to mention, the extra protein you’re adding to your meal.
This past weekend I made half of the sliders with just meat and cheese and the other half loaded, with all the things, ensuring that my picky eaters had some snacks, too.
- Kings Hawaiian Pretzel Slider Buns
- Thinly Sliced Roast Beef
- Sliced Swiss Cheese
- Sliced Red Onion
- Crispy Onions (I used fresh gourmet – garlic pepper)
- Mustard Spread (1/4 cup plain greek yogurt, 1 tbsp stone ground mustard, 1 tbsp prepared horseradish mixed until well combined)
- Remove the pretzel sliders from the plastic wrapper leaving them in the carton.
- Remove and save the pre-sliced tops from the sliders.
- Layer all of the remaining ingredients on the slider bottoms.
- Place the top back on the sliders and use a knife to cut in between each one.
- Place the sliders back in the original plastic bag and load them in the cooler.
Special Notes I prefer a lot of horseradish, but if you don’t, try decreasing the amount of horseradish and then adding more mustard. I didn’t add anything with too much liquid on these sandwiches to avoid a soggy bun, but if that doesn’t bother you, try adding some roasted red peppers, pickles, or banana peppers!